Best Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread) overstock.
You discharge grilling simmer Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread) applying 10 instructions and 16 along with. Here is how you reach.
compound of Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread)
- a little 1 1/2 tsp of Active yeast.
- also 2 tbsp of very warm water.
- a little 1 tbsp of sugar.
- use 1 1/2 cup of ALL PURPOSE FLOUR.
- then 1 tsp of salt.
- use 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- give 2 tbsp of greek yogurt.
- then 2 tbsp of milk.
- This 2 tsp of ghee or veggie oil.
Sheree's Garlic Naan (Indian flat bread) prescription
- in small ceramic or glass bowl... mix sugar, yeast, warm water and allow to sit for 15 minutes... should become foamy and smell like bread...(I thought it had a look and consistency of melted vanilla ice cream!!).
- while u r waiting put flour, salt, garlic powder, baking powder in a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly ...
- make a well or indent in the middle of the flour mixture.... and pour in yeast mixture... yogurt... milk...and the oil... .and mix well with hand or wooden spoon.
- the GREEK YOGURT add such a great texture and taste to the bread.!!!!.
- u may need to add more milk until dough forms a ball that seperates from the edge of the bowl...
- LIGHTLY.... oil the edges and bottom of the bowl ..( I took the dough out and used the same bowl... I put a very small amount of oil and oiled bottom and sides).
- put the dough back in dough and roll it around to coat dough with oil..
- cover the bowl with plastic wrap... I use a large rubber band around the edge of bowl to seal it.... out dough in a dark warm place... I just set it inside my microwave ....
- let dough rest for 30 minutes - 3 hours.....
- dough should double... knead for about 5-10 minutes. dough should be smooth..
- seperate dough into 4 equal pieces .. I lightly flour your surface and rolling pin.... my GM just used an old glass bottle for a rolling pin. I have a wooden rolling pin.. rub whatever your using with flour.....
- I press the dough by hand and then roll out each piece to the size of a salad plate......
- I allow them to sit while I prepare grill. they can also be baked....
- **** GRIDDLE..... put a very small amount of oil on the griddle... then take a piece of paper towel to spread oil lightly.... heat should be Med/ high.. when griddle is hot begin cooking naan.... each piece will puff up and resemble the surface of the moon... flip over and cook just about 1-2 minutes on the second side. remove from the griddle and liberally apply melted butter..(I use a paint brush I bought at Walmart ).
- **** BAKING..... on a cookie sheet put non stick spray on cookie sheet.... place in oven to get warm place bread in cookie sheet at 425°??? again surface should resemble the surface of the moon... u will need to just watch it. because everyone's stove is different... it should be golden. for those of u who must have a time 10-12 minutes.... liberally cover each naan with butter ....
- SERVE WARM.....