Build Spelt sweet potato taco shell in year. These easy homemade tortillas are great for tacos, enchiladas, quesadillas, or just. I envisioned cubes of sweet potatoes roasted with so much spice, it almost forms a crust, and then Black bean and sweet potato tacos have been in the meal rotation for a long while and loved in our These are delicious! We had them in crispy blue corn shells, with guacamole and pickled red onions.
Another bonus is mashed sweet potato won't fall out of your taco shell like cubed sweet potatoes will. It all just kind of stays put, ready to be delivered. This sweet potato taco recipe is an old favorite that I wanted to re-share with you. You cause heating simmer Spelt sweet potato taco shell testing 4 ingredients moreover 6 furthermore. Here you go gain.
procedure of Spelt sweet potato taco shell
- also 1 Cup of mashed Boniato sweet potato (PLU#4546) or other varities.
- also 2 Cups of Fresh milled Organic spelt flour.
- add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- a little 1 pinch of salt.
I first started making these sweet potato tacos years ago, but it's one of those recipes that I come back to time and time again because it's such a filling & flavorful vegetarian weeknight dinner option. Sweet Potato Tacos that feature sweet potatoes cooked in a chipotle sauce, tossed with black beans, and served with guacamole to balance the heat. The taco shells: When I originally posted these tacos, they were in a blue corn hard shell (as seen here). These roasted sweet potato tacos feature spicy black beans and avocado-pepita dip.
Spelt sweet potato taco shell method
- Steam several similar size Boniato sweet potato in a steamer or the top steamer in an Aroma rice cooker for 25 minutes or more until fork easily could get through.
- Cool your sweet potato once cooked in a large plate until your hands can handle. Remove the peel of those sweet potatoes by hand and mash them in a measuring cup until you get 1 full cup. Transfer it into a mixing bowl..
- Measure 2 cups of organic spelt flour and add them into the same mixing bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of raw organic apple cider vinegar. Mixing them well by hand or a mixer. Rest the dough in a ziplock bag for at least 6 hours in a warm spot. I typically use oven with the lamp on, it gives a nice temperature of around 90F..
- After resting for a nice 6 hours, cut the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each divided piece into a small ball, and flat it by hand and roll the dough into a 8-9 inch round taco shell..
- Cook it on a flat pan on medium heat for 2 minutes each side until you see small or big bubbles puff up and the color turns to darker brown and aromatic. If you leave it longer with low heat, the shell will be more crispy..
- As for fillings, I like to sauté some veggies with baked chicken or shredded pork. Cooked brown rice or beans would go very well with this shell. Top with fresh diced organic tomatoes and chopped cilantro. A touch of fresh lime juice would maximize the flavor profile..
This hearty taco recipe features spicy roasted sweet potatoes, black beans for protein, and a pretty spectacular avocado spread made with freshly toasted pepitas for texture and savory notes. This kid-approved dinner recipe is almost as easy as making tacos in a traditional tortilla shell. Actually, it might be easier because you Tacos wouldn't be tacos without salsa: rustle up a store-bought one that meets Paleo guidelines (remember: no corn!) or make your. These Crispy Potato Tacos are based on a one of the first recipes I ever posted here. I'm a little embarrassed to share the link, but it's also fun to see But one thing that hasn't changed is my love of potatoes and my love of tacos!