Bonus Whole Wheat Snicker Doodle Cookie site. I used whole wheat PASTRY flour instead of regular whole wheat which gives these cookies an excellent texture (very similar to regular snickerdoodles). Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and egg white.
When I saw this recipe that used whole wheat flour I knew I had to try it. The dough was very easy to handle and hardly any difference (from the original)in the cooking time. My whole family loved these cookies! You do ones thing steaming burn Whole Wheat Snicker Doodle Cookie using 10 receipt furthermore 8 and. Here you are take care of.
ingredients of Whole Wheat Snicker Doodle Cookie
- a little 1 cup of Unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- a little 1 cup of Sugar.
- This 1 1/4 tsp of Vanilla.
- then 3 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- a little 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- This 1 tsp of Cream of tartar.
- then 1 tsp of Salt.
- use 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- a little 3 tbsp of Sugar.
The whole wheat flour gives this cookie a wonderful nutty flavor!! More of my favorite healthy holiday cookies are Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Lace Cookies, Skinny No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Nutella Almond Butter Cookies, and my classic favorite best low fat Chocolate Chip Cookies. These are the perfect cookies to add to your holiday baking. I even love making a Pumpkin Spiced Snickerdoodles version for during the.
Whole Wheat Snicker Doodle Cookie compound
- Preheat the oven to 375°F..
- Combing cinnamon and 3 tbsp sugar in small bowl and set aside..
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Set aside..
- In a large bowl, beat sugar with softened butter for 2 minutes..
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture until thoroughly combined..
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and then roll in cinnamon mixture to cover. Place cookies two inches apart on a cookie sheet..
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Or until the tops are lightly golden brown. Do not over bake..
- Allow cookies to cool for about 2 minutes until removing from cookie sheet. Transfer to rack to cool completely..
The traditional snickerdoodle cookie is made with butter or oil, sugar, and All Purpose flour, and rolled in cinnamon sugar. I have made a healthier version by replacing the all-purpose flour completely with Whole wheat flour. I made these Whole Wheat Snickerdoodle Cookies for my elder son as he was craving for them since he had devoured them at his school. The cookies I took to my neighbor's cookie exchange were one of my all-time favorites - Snickerdoodles! I even used half whole-wheat flour to make them a little better, and I honestly don't even think you could tell, because the outcome was deeelicious.