Dependable Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) on sale. Today I'm sharing one of my all time favorite recipes that my grandmother taught me! Pernil is roasted pork shoulder and if you've had pulled pork—which uses the same cut of meat—then you know that pork shoulder is Roasting the pernil is also fairly simple. This is the best pernil dominicano that you will ever have.
Pernil is a slow cooked pork roast, usually a shoulder, butt or leg, that is very typically enjoyed during the holidays. It is a classic Puerto Rican dish, and also a classic dish in the Dominican Republic, though unsurprisingly there are small differences that mean a lot. Pernil is also roasted pork shoulder. You achieve baking sizzle Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) employing 13 compound than 3 so. Here you are finish.
prescription of Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder)
- also 1 1/2-2 heads of garlic.
- also 1 tbs of oregano.
- add 4-7 lb of pernil.
- also 1/2 of salt..if you have a 7lb pork use 3.5 tbs salt.
- also 1 tsp of thyme.
- also 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of red onion.
- a little 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- use 1 of orange.
- add 1 1/2 of limes.
- give 1/4 c of olive oil.
- add 3-4 c of water.
- This 1/4 c of white vinegar.
I'm doing a happy dance as I type this because that's how much I love this dish especially now during the holidays. Tag a friend who wants to learn how to make Dominican Style Pernil! I've made a lot of pernils. They were pretty good but this great!
Chef Zee's pernil dominicano (pork shoulder) method
- Poke holes all over pork using "X" motion. Place in large mixing bowl with 1 c water & vinegar. Massage vinegar and water into pork & let sit 5-10 min. Marinade: combine garlic, oregano, salt, bouillon cube, cumin, onion, black pepper, thyme in a blender or food processor & blend..
- Drain pernil. Season pork usung marinade. Massage marinade into pork. I would use gloves. Cover & let marinade over night..
- In a large pot, place pork skin side up. Add 1-2 cup of water & add marinade from bowl. Let boil 45-55 min. Switch pork to a baking pan. Let cook covered at 350 for 3hrs. Baste pork every hour. Take out 50% of juices (you can use for rice) and let roast uncovered for 1 hour. Broil for 5-7 minutes for crispy skin..
What makes it great I find is the the soy sauce in the marinade, and the low and slow roasting. And start roasting early in the morining. The Best Pork Shoulder Roast Recipes on Yummly Roast Pork Shoulder Caribbean-style, Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder, Moroccan-style Pork Shoulder Roast. Pernil Asado Con Mojo (Mojo-Marinated Pork Shoulder Roast)Saveur.