Biggest Kulicha Iraqi cookies site. Kleicha, Iraqi date cookies, are a delicious combination of gently spiced dough with a cardamon & fennel-infused date filling. These recipes have been handed down through many generations,from grandmothers to mothers to daughters. Kleicha - Date Cookies (كليجة) Last year I made a healthier version of my favourite cookies - Kleicha (كليجة) which are Iraqi date cookies that are traditionally served on Eid (A religious holiday to celebrate the end of the month of Ramadan where muslims fast from sun rise to sun set for a whole month).
Layla Al Dabean Zawaideh West Bloomfield Township, Michigan. See great recipes for Qemar Iraqi creamy sweet custard, Kulicha Iraqi cookies too! The simple cookie resembles ma'amoul of the Levantine countries, but this flaky variation has a distinct texture and shape that is specific to Iraq. You finish toasting burn Kulicha Iraqi cookies accepting 21 process along with 5 so. Here you are bring off.
ingredients of Kulicha Iraqi cookies
- add 1 cup of mix butter and Ghee melt.
- use 3 cup of flour.
- a little 3 teaspoon of powder milk if you don’t have you change the water to milk.
- add 11/2 tablespoon of green cardamom.
- add 1 teaspoon of mahleb powder.
- give 1 teaspoon of ground fennel.
- use 1 teaspoon of black sesame seed.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of yeast.
- use 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- This 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- This 1 cup of + 2 tablespoon warm water.
- add of 1 Filing.
- then 2 cup of walnut chopped.
- a little 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- This 2 tablespoon of simple syrup.
- add of 2 Filling.
- You need cup of date paste.
- also 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- a little 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- add of Egg wash or milk wash.
Kleicha (Arabic: الكليچة) may be considered the national cookie of Iraq. Kleicha come in several traditional shapes and fillings. The most popular are the ones filled with dates (kleichat tamur). There are also sweet discs (khfefiyyat), as well as half moons filled with nuts, sugar and/or desiccated coconut (kleichat joz).
Kulicha Iraqi cookies receipt
- Mix all dry ingredients and start with melt butter slowly then start adding the water dough have to rest an half hour.
- The dough cut into small golf size then flattened gently cut by cutter then fill each with 1 teaspoon of walnut Stuffing and fold then press the edges and egg or milk wash the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 f keep watching.
- Second filling just flatten the dough and scoop the date and flatten on top and rolled it as log and cut and cook.
- Had extra dough I just flatten it and cut star shape and cook it same temperature.
Halal Recipes. kulicha , traditional Kurdish food. Read the Kurdish Recipes discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking food community. Yes, after so much struggle, after wearing my fingers down to the bone, you deserve a recipe worthy of the effort. The evening before the shoot, our dear friends Ekrem and his wife Yasemin (the plate in the picture is a present from them) came over for a dinner of black bean burritos and we had two tortillas left over. Iraqi traditional pastry filled with Walnut and Cardamom Spice and Sweetened.