Big Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8 on sale. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce. You may be tempted to cut calories by How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible.
A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. —Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia. Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! French classic with layers of thinly sliced potato, cream, butter, garlic and cheese, you can't go Potatoes au Gratin - forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! You get with it grilling toast Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8 proving 8 technique so 12 as well as. Here you are rack up.
receipt of Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8
- add 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- then 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- give 1/2 cup of milk.
- give 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper.
- also 2 teaspoon of cornstarch.
Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. (In addition to a tasty potatoes au gratin recipe, we're sharing about our favorite toaster oven pans and baking dishes. But Lynda made her suggestion in July and it's almost Thanksgiving in the US. So below is our basic small batch recipe and what we've learned so far about baking potatoes au gratin.
Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8 receipt
- Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly..
- Heat the 3 cups of milk with the potatoes in it. Bring to boil then turn down to a simmer just keep the milk hot till potatoes are fork tender..
- Take the potatoes out of the milk..
- In an oven safe dish spray the bottom and sides with nonstick spray. Layer the bottom with a layer of sliced potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Add half the cheese..
- Then a layer of potatoes, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, salt and pepper to taste. Add the rest of the cheese..
- Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes..
- Add the sour cream to the 1/2 cup of milk and blend well..
- Pour sour cream milk mixture over the top..
- Put into oven for 80-90 minutes..
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Potatoes Au Gratin are a dinnertime staple around here! Tender potato and onion slices smothered in a quick cheesy sauce and baked until golden. This is one of our favorite easy side dish recipes. The ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes are potatoes, cheese, and heavy cream with additional flavors such as garlic and thyme. It's important to use heavy cream instead of milk because the fat is important for the cheese sauce to bake properly.